I had seen this wrap skirt on Instagram and I put it on my, "I'll get this pattern later list" Well later came a little early when I saw that Dressy Talk Patterns were having a sale a week or so ago. So I bought it and then I added it to my " I will sew this soon list"....well sooner came earlier than expected when I remembered that I had this black panel of Dashiki fabric. I had the panel for a while not sure what I wanted to do with it. This pattern was perfect if your OK with using only part of the print.
OK let me talk about the pattern Hits:
- There are only 5 pieces....Give that a big Woohhooo!
- The sewing instructions consist of a tutorial format...Love it!!!
- This pattern is EASY BREAZY!!
- Size was good, no major issues
- And come on, it this skirt hot or whaaaat?
NOW for the misses:
- The instructions do not show you how to install the two zippers on the front panel. If I had realized this I would have added them before I had sewn the two panels together this way they would not be visible on the panel facing. These zippers are sewn in like a welt pocket. Here is a video
- There are two pattern pieces for the front panel, one for fabric and on for the facing and I am not sure why...[I used only one pattern piece, cutting out one piece in my Dashiki fabric and one piece on my facing fabric]....., sooo this was really a hit for me because then that made the pattern have only 4 pieces.
- My skirt was shorter than the skirt appears in the picture, so check your length before you cut that fabric.