So we needed to take pictures of my blazer from the Sew-A-Long and I wanted a pair of black and white striped heels for the outfit. I contemplated buying a pair of black and white striped heels but I was not sure how much use they would get so I decided as I often do to get a cheap pair of shoes and give them a face-lift. I don't know about these other bloggers out there but the need for a new pair of shoes for a photo shoot comes all too often and sometimes I ain't trying to spend a lot of money for the cause. I purchased these shoes for $22.99 from BareFeet shoes and if it did not work out I would not be out of a lot of money. The width of the tape was about the right size for the stripes that I wanted so I used that to space them out. I also covered the inside with the masking tape as well.
Let the spraying begin! I sprayed three coats of white and two coats of clear.
*** I used masking tape for this project and I should have used painters tape. I thought the masking tape would work well but it did not.The paint seeped through so I had a LOT of clean up o do. I paint all the time and I should have known better. If I could have kicked my own ass I would have!
So I used paint thinner and a pencil eraser to get these lines cleaned up and yes I did say eraser. I had to take a paint brush to touch up some of the paint also. These shoes look pretty cool so I am glad that I painted them, I just wish I would have used the right tape. Up close you can see imprecations but on the foot these babies are going to be too fly. Oh yeah I added another shiny clear sealer on top after I cleaned them up.
Two Uses Tuesday Link-up HERE