I have to say that I have seen this pillow all over the web. I thought that it was really cute and it didn't really look that hard to make. I think this is the pillow that everyone or almost everyone was inspired by.
I made pillows with my book club members for our Christmas party and this was one pillow that I wanted them to try. Time got away from us making the other pillows an we never had to the chance to make these. I told the ladies that I would make these pillows for them and here they are. I made six pillows.
- Pillow fabric (If you do venture to use burlap, use premium burlap not the cheap stuff it will work much better.)
- Sewing machine
- Hand sewing needle (pillow closing can be done with machine)
- Lint roller
- Marker for stencil
- Jewelry/Buttons or Accessory for middle of poinsettia
1.Cut felt into two different sizes
(feel free to have a cup of tea while making pillows)
2. The two sizes
3. Practice placement
10 large and 5 small make one of my flowers.
4. Pin felt to pillow square (my pillows were 16X16)
5. Start stitching about half way up the petal
6. Place next layer and stitch half way up the petal,
make sure you totally cover all the fabric in the center of the flower.
You can see your poinsettias starting to take shape.
I used gold thread for the contrast.
7. Now put the final layer of petals and stitch.
8. Now sew pillow pieces wrong sides together, trim corners and turn over to the right side
9. Pillow pressing time.
10. Now stuff those bad boys as firm as you like.
You will need this especially if using burlap, which I would not suggest if your a first time sewer.
This is what I am using for my middles. I got these from Michael 's about
$10.00 for the two strands that have four pieces on each.
11. Sew them to the middle of your poinsettias.
Tada!!! You would now be finished!!