...…mine is black and white, my dress that is! I used a simplicity pattern #1873 from Cynthia Rowley collection (my $1.99 buy). The challenge was that I wanted each piece of this dress to be a different print but what I forgot to do was turn the pattern pieces on the other side when I was cutting one for the left and one for the right sides. Let’s just say I messed up some fabric making this dress, lesson learned.
Pattern Review: The most challenging part is this top it has darts in the bust and the waist with a lining as well…that was a little tricky. If you don’t sew them with exactly the same size seams, keep that seam ripper near. I plan on making another one for my sister and I will just make a facing for the neckline and the arms the second time around, no lining. I would also add tulle skirt underneath because this dress looks fab all poofy, poofy.
Fabrics were purchased from Joann’s, I used dress prints, décor light weight fabric (they had the best prints) and quilting prints. I had to get what I could, they are all cotton blends. I used bias tape for my seams to make the dress all kinds of pretty on the inside.
I found my old sewing labels….these things are older than my daughter and she’s 26